Digital Marketing is now “in” in every business in every corners of the world, well, figuratively speaking because our planet has no corners, yes? 😉 So if you have a wedding business then this is perfect for you. But having a digital market IS NOT enough. The lovely couples out there still need to find you, right? How? I’ll tell you how.
SEO is the “how.” SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s unpaid results. Why unpaid? Because, my friend, not anyone can afford to buy their own slots on top of any search. No matter how much you optimize the search engine, you can never defeat the paid results. But that defeat is not a total defeat, for you can still win on the ‘unpaid’ results of any search. It’s better to be on the first page of results than to be on the others. As they said, “If you’re not on the first page of search results then sorry, YOU DON’T EXIST.”
Tips for SEO Beginners:
1. Create the Right Title – Make sure that your title is likely to be searched by the users. Make it plain, short and simple yet straight to the point. If possible, start with the core keyword. It is the title name shown in search results so it really does matter.
Bad example: Page title = “Tisyucalc – Homepage”
Good example: Page title = “Computer Tools For Students – Tisyucalc”
2. Explain Your Meta-description well – It’s the little introduction written below your Title (mega-title). Make sure you write your summary there and make it short. It should be the most appealing description than the other results.
3. Use Your H1 Tags Wisely – Your [H1] is different from the meta-title (the title discussed in Tip #1). H1 Tag is the title of the page of the result clicked. The difference of H1 and meta-title is that meta-title can only be found on search results while H1 can be found on your page/website. It is crucial that your meta-title and H1 are related. It is wise that both of them are the same as it will tell the searcher that he/she landed on the right page. However, you can make it different as long as it is still related to each other.
4. Only Get Links from Trusted Websites – Hyperlink is a reference to data that the reader can directly follow either by clicking or by hovering. When you use hyperlinks, make sure that it is trusted. Avoid link-trading or pay-for-link schemes, as Google will penalize your website.
5. Interlinking Pages on Your Website – Make sure that your website structure is organized and easy to navigate. Your information architecture and navigation elements should be designed as the main navigation. Do not ignore footers as it can be used to include links.
6. 301 Redirects should be used for Linking Your Domain Aliases – 301 redirect is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. This is very useful for your website. If the user would enter tisyucalc.com on the address bar of their browser, this will automatically redirect him/her to www.tisyucalc.com. These will both work and that’s the pride of 301 Redirects.
7. On Your Hyperlinks, Keywords should be Included in Anchor Texts – “Anchor” texts are the clickable text in a hyperlink. SEO best practices dictate that anchor text be relevant to the page you’re linking to, rather than generic text. Don’t just use “click here” but use a relevant phrase to that link so that Google can gather the information from those anchors.
Bad Example: Click here to order.
Good Example: Order your computer tools today!
8. Add ‘Alt’ Tags for Images – If you put an image on your site, make it clickable. Tagging your website’s images will not only make your website fabulous but it will also inform the Google on what the images are all about. It may lead you to more visitors!
9. Google Authorship – You might think that your face, because you’re the author, can be a good attraction to your website, but now, only Google will decide if your face is worth displayable on the search.
10. Finish with a Polish – Don’t forget to polish your website content. Be creative and think of the best content there is to get more audience. More audience means more profit, yes?
If you prefer watching a video, here’s a YouTube link: #1 SEO Tutorials for Beginners | What is SEO?
If you still feel the need to be guided on how to do SEO, You can reach out to Wedding Champs. Wedding Champs is designed by a team of internet marketing experts that are based in Dubai. They assist people like you to maximize your market potential by showcasing their products, services, special offers and deals all at one place.
So, what are you waiting for? Start your digital marketing and SEO today and make an enormous difference in your business career!